These lettuce-wrapped turkey burgers are a delicious Paleo dinner idea. You can serve them with sweet potato fries or a side salad and even your non-Paleo friends will be very impressed.
There are limited ingredients in this Paleo recipe and it doesn’t take long to prep these burgers and only about 10 minutes to cook them.
Easy, quick and tasty. These are my 3 favorite things in a recipe and this Paleo dinner has them all!
- 454 g (1 pound) of Ground Turkey
- 1 Cup of Spinach
- 1/4 Cup of Onions (about half of small onion)
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Tbsp of Coconut Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce to wrap it (large leaf lettuce like Romaine works well)
- Chop up the spinach, onions and garlic and combine them in a mixing bowl with the ground turkey, salt and pepper.
- Melt the coconut oil (1 tablespoon) in a pan over medium heat.
- Use your hands to form 6 patties and fry for 3-5 minutes each side.
- Once the burgers are ready add your favorite toppings on top of the patties and enjoy.
If you’re unsure by just looking at them as to whether they are cooked you can use a meat thermometer. Check if internal temperature is greater than 165-degrees Fahrenheit.
To Speed up the Recipe:
To make this recipe even faster you could toss the spinach, the onion and the garlic cloves into a food processor (or even smoothie blender cup) and pulse them until they’re nicely chopped up.
This should save you some prep time.
Paleo Side Dishes
I had these with a kale salad and avocado. It was delicious.
And the leftover patties made an easy and quick lunch the next day.
They would also go well with some sweet potatoes.
Do you have a favorite spice blend that you add to your Paleo turkey burgers? Let us know.
And what is your favorite lettuce to wrap your burgers in? Do you stick to romaine or do you prefer another kind.
Share with the other readers so we can all learn together.