This tasty chicken and almond butter stir fry is easy to make and your whole family will love this Paleo recipe. And it’s keto-friendly too.
This Paleo weight loss dinner recipe doesn’t have many ingredients and the instructions are easy to follow. That is what we’re all about here at Blasting Belly Fat.com –> simple recipes for people who don’t like to cook or don’t have the time to spend hours in the kitchen every day!
For the Paleo and Keto eaters in your family you can serve this over Cauliflower rice, and for the other members of your family you can serve it with regular rice.
INGREDIENTS for this Paleo Recipe
- 8 oz Chicken Breast (1/2 pound) – boneless, skinless
- 2 Cups of Broccoli
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 4 Mushrooms
- 1/2 Cup of Red Onions
- 1/4 Cup of Coconut Aminos (a Paleo substitute for soy sauce)
- 2 Tbsp of Almond Butter
- 1 Tbsp of Coconut Oil
(Note: I’ve used up to 1 pound of chicken breasts in this Paleo recipe and it was still delicious. So don’t get fussy over the exact weight of your chicken breasts.)
- Chop all the vegetables into bite-sized pieces and put them into a bowl.
- Combine the coconut aminos and almond butter in a separate bowl and whisk until it forms a thick sauce.
- Slice the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Place a sauce pan on medium heat and melt the coconut oil.
- Add the chicken to the heated pan. Cook for 6-7 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Once the chicken is cooked add in all the vegetables and the almond butter sauce. Mix together well.
- Cover and cook for another 7-10 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and take the cover off and let the sauce thicken up for a few minutes before serving.
Serve over cauliflower rice or with a side salad.
Possible Additions to this Chicken Stir Fry Paleo Recipe
If you like things a little spicier you could try adding 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes. This would give it a little zing.
Check out the colors of this Paleo stir fry in the picture below. Almost looks like a Christmas stir fry with the red, white and green colors. This was right before I added the almond butter sauce.
Is this a Keto recipe as well as Paleo recipe?
A lot of people wonder “is Paleo low carb” and it really varies on the recipes. Paleo diet does not have to be low carb because you can eat fruit and root vegetables on a Paleo diet.
But you can choose to eat a low carb Paleo diet by minimizing fruit and starchy root vegetables.
Basically you can enjoy Paleo recipes like this one and still maintain ketosis.
For more information on Paleo vs Keto click here.
I hope you enjoy this simple yet tasty Paleo and Keto dinner recipe.