This is an easy Paleo recipe that requires minimal work from the cook, but results in amazing flavor.
For this recipe I use “Bone in/Skin on” chicken thighs.
Unlike chicken breasts which have a tendency to dry out, chicken thighs are amazingly juicy.
Steps to create these easy, juicy Oven-baked Chicken Thighs
1. Preheat Oven to 400-degrees F
2. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or foil (make sure the baking sheet has high edges or lips)
3. Place chicken on the sheet
4. Pat chicken dry with a paper towel
5. Drizzle olive oil onto the chicken (approximately 1/2 tablespoon of oil per piece of chicken)
6. Pour your favorite spices over the chicken and pat the spices onto the chicken (pat, pat, pat)
7. Bake for 35 minutes. Then check the internal temperature of the chicken with a meat thermometer (should read at least 165-degrees Fahrenheit).
I’ve used a large variety of spice blends. Sometimes I’ll keep it simple and just use salt and pepper. Sometimes I’ll use taco seasoning, or a lemon-pepper spice blend.
Here is a spice blend that tastes delicious on oven-baked chicken thighs.
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1/4 tsp paprika
Adjust the amounts of spices as desired. For instance, if you don’t like onion powder you can use less or just omit it.
Paleo Side Dish Ideas
Chicken thighs go well with a variety of Paleo side dishes.
If you need some inspiration, here is a list of Paleo Side Dish Ideas.
|Mashed sweet potato|
|Sweet Potato fries|
If you’d prefer a slow-cooker recipe, click here to check out this Paleo slow-cooker chicken thighs recipe.
Let me know how it goes.
If you have any preferred spiced blends you like to use, please comment below and let the other non-foodies know.